Friday, February 8, 2008

Plan For Victory--Calendar 8/12

PLAN FOR VICTORY—Calendar Part 8/12
Matthew 14:27, 2Peter 3:1-13

The liar, the great deceiver, Satan, tries to thwart our every success. Things will happen that apparently stand in our way and we will have to remain strong against opposition to our plans. It is easy to give up when the uphill struggle gets difficult. When the climb grows steep, that’s when we dig in. It’s the devil’s plan for us to give up. Don’t let him win. Be strong and courageous against his attack.

Jesus tells the disciples in Matthew, in the Bible, to be of good cheer during times of peril. “It is I, don’t be afraid.” He said calmly as the boat was being tossed about wildly in a storm. This is soothing to adults and kids today. Our boats nearly capsize, and we wonder what in the earth we’re doing. These metaphors stand true for every mountain that needs scaling to achieve goals.

The importance of achieving goals is measurable, so plot your course. It is important to define goals, and create a plan to measure progress. Remain steadfast despite all obstacles. Remember, He who is within you is greater than He who is of the world. Keeping a journal or diary marks progress. Each milestone is celebrated with a star, and seeing that in black and white helps us to remain focused, energized, and steering in the right direction.

Take Home Nugget

Holy Father, remember me in my quaking shoes and place my feet on solid ground. I choose to trust in my sovereign God, Who made heaven and earth. You know my goals and I thank You for keeping me strong in achieving them. To You be the glory and honor attributed to completing the task that is before me. Your will be done, Lord, and I thank you for seeing me across the finish line into victory in Jesus’ name! AMEN

Jesus walked on water to calm His men;
He continues to work miracles today.
With all our strife and trials assailing
He keeps the tempest and storms at bay.
J.D. Griffith
Click here for an Interactive-Online-Lesson for Plan for Victory, Part 8 of 12
A personal, private lesson experience with our staff

No comments: