Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Heavenly Home


HEAVENLY HOME 

Part five of fifteen devotions in Heaven Enchantment Series

John 14:2-3:  “In My Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you also may be where I am.”
 

            The triumphal ride into Jerusalem was still ringing in the disciple’s ears.  Jesus warned the Jews who continued disbelieving, “As for the person who hears My words but does not keep them, I do not judge him.  For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.  There is a judge for the one who rejects Me and does not accept My words, that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.”  (John 12:42-48).

            He probably let that sink in before continuing in verses 49-50, “For I did not speak of My own accord, but the Father who sent Me commanded Me what to say and how to say it.  I know that His command leads to eternal life.  So whatever I say is just what the Father has told Me to say.” 

            Forewarned is forearmed.

            Now was time for the Passover Feast.  How fitting that this is the last time Jesus and His disciples would dine together.  Jesus, Himself, would be the LAST necessary Passover Lamb sacrificed to atone for people’s sins! 
 
            Time for a learning lesson: 

            Jesus poured water into a basin and tied a towel around His waist.  He washed His disciple’s feet, showing how they are to serve one another (John 13:5, 15).  Feet-washing anchored Jesus’ news about His betrayal and upcoming death (John 13:18-33).  The opening Scripture intended to comfort them after this awful shock.

            That Scripture still comforts believers today…often quoted at funerals.  “Preparing a place” and “Take you to be with Me” sounds like personal space and individual care for every believer. 

 
            God always intended to dwell with His people.  See lesson linked below for specifics about where believers’ heavenly home will be living with Jesus.  Forever!

             
Take Home Nugget


            Revelation 21:1-3 says:  “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

            “I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out from heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

    

“And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them.  They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.’”

J.D. Griffith

 





                   Written for http://www.Biblestudyforkids.com


No comments: