Friday, January 11, 2008

Radical Commitment


RADICAL COMMITMENT
Philippians 3:13-14

V. 14: “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”


This year I made an entirely different kind of resolution. This new year I want to

press toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me in Jesus Christ.

Whatever it takes, with Jesus’ help, I step across the line. No waffling, no wavering, no

indecision. We are called to affirm our commitment to the work of the Great

Commission. Matthew 28:19.

My decision is made and it’s irrevocable. I’m following Jesus, no turning back. I

trust Him to lead me and give me the strength to follow Him until the end of my life. I

promise this in service to fulfill God’s purpose. For His glory.

I will live my life celebrating His presence; cultivating His character, demonstrating

His love for others, and meditating on His Word.

I have been forgiven, and this purpose will lead me straight to a home awaiting me

in heaven. I turn away from petty thinking, trashy talk, trifling with unnecessary works,

and resentful of things in my past.

I won’t be engaged in a culture that demeans others, manipulated by peers,

frustrated over problems, praise seeking, or succumbing to the devil’s temptations. My

goal is to cross the finish line, not to be sidetracked by what’s on the sidelines of life.


I surrender myself to You, Lord Jesus, every day. I will value worship over

wealth, character over comfort, service over status. I will make people my priority over

possession, position and pleasure. I know what matters most, and with Your help, Jesus,

I will live this way the rest of my life.

If I backslide, I will begin anew with perseverance to continue forward. By

training my compass on King Jesus as true north, I will stay the course. By God’s grace,

I’ll be spirit-led and purpose-driven. I will not be compromised and I will not quit until my

race is won as I cross the finish line.

I will be gracious to others because of God’s amazing grace towards me, and

grateful every day. I will be generous with all that my Father entrusts to me.

To my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I say: Whenever, wherever, whatever You

assign to my task, my answer will be, “Yes,” Whatever it takes!


Take Home Nugget

Today I affirm this commitment to God, submitting to His plans for my life, no

matter what.

If you can take this pledge with me, fellow sojourner, we’ll walk hand in hand

following Jesus’ footprints in the sand. May God lead us both in Grace and Mercy.


_____________________________________________
Signature

________________________________
Date
J.D. Griffith

Click here for an Interactive-Online-Lesson for Radical Commitment
A personal, private lesson experience with our staff

No comments: