Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Whatever Is Needed

WHATEVER IS NEEDED  
Kingdom Kids devotions authorize Jesus’ LORDship over our lives.

Exodus 3:14: “God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.’”  

2 Corinthians 3:17:  “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”

            Merging the two opening Scripture passages shows that God’s kids possess the freedom to find in Him whatever we need. 

            Christians receive God’s Spirit when we believe in Jesus and accept His sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins.  This Spirit, Jesus, and the Father are one.  This Spirit transforms God’s kids into the image of Christ—one day at a time—in a process called sanctification [SANK-tif-i-ka-shon]. 

            Jesus told His disciples that He will not “leave you as orphans; I will come to you. … I am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I am in you.” (John 14:18, 20). 

            Jesus lives inside Christians as God’s Spirit.  The Counselor that Jesus promised His disciples, the Spirit of Truth, is Jesus’ Spirit living inside each Believer forever (John 14:16).

            Meditating on this truth spiritually transforms human minds and hearts to Christ’s. 
 
            God the Father began a sentence by informing Moses that He is called, “I AM.” (Exodus 3:14).

            God the Son completes that sentence naming specific human needs where Jesus is the source.  What do you need today?  Our God is infinite [IN-fin-it] meaning that He never ends.  He is omnipotent [om-NIP-o-tent], or, God is all powerful. 
  
            If you need healing, God told Moses in Exodus 15:26, “I am the LORD who heals you.”

            If you need direction, Jesus supplies that need in John 8:12 saying, I am the light of the world.”

            When needing to escape an awful situation, Psalm 18:2 says, “The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer.”

            Psalm 23:2-3a offers peace to whomever is sick and tired of being sick and tired.  “He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.”  

            Check out the lesson linked below to find answers to human needs such as discovering the purpose of life, deciding which option to follow, and being scared. 

            Recognize that you’re never abandoned.  King Jesus is as close as the Spirit who lives within.  He is your Comforter.  He is your Counselor. 

Take Home Nugget

            1 Corinthians 1:30 says, “It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption.”  Emphasis added to scream the wonders of the Great I AM!

Heavenly Father, thank You for making life easier to navigate by gifting me Jesus’ Spirit.  Amen.

Adapted from “The Agent of Transformation” by Dr. Tony Evans.  April 4, 2018.  Check out Alternative at www.LightSource.com  
And
“I Am Who I Am” by Rev. Joseph Prince.  April 4, 2018.  www.josephprince.com
J.D. Griffith



 For a personal, private lesson experience with our staff

  



Latest Christmas eBook by J.D. Griffith:  

 This eBook shows Mary’s adventure traveling to Bethlehem right before Jesus’ birth.   This Biblical fantasy weaves supernatural delight into facts surrounding His birth. 

Here’s another eBook by J.D. Griffith:  

Twelve-year-old Jeremy befriends “Aunt” Rita when lured up her front steps after football practice one fall day.  Her piano music isn’t the only thing that makes Rita especially different.  She is intrigued by Jeremy.  God uses Aunt Rita to transform Jeremy into a true follower of Christ. 
     


No comments: