Friday, April 13, 2012

May I Have a Word with You?

These next few devotions, The Rapture, Where Are We? And He’s Coming, may rattle readers. If a child or young person were to read a devotion where there is no one around to answer troubling questions, the reader could be shocked, and dismayed. These devotions are being written because the future could very well be totally different from the past. We often take the past for granted because it’s safe. It’s behind us. It’s history.


But today is different than yesterday. We’re one day closer to extraordinary events that the Bible predicts will happen. I want to warn the reader that these devotions are designed to reveal these events, but not to cause anyone distress. As gently as I can say things that may be troubling, I will not sugarcoat the Gospel of Christ.

Rather, I intend to explain things in a way that uplifts and encourages readers. Believers’ security is in being children of God. John 10:28 assures us that our safety is in Jesus Christ, to all who believe: “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand.”

J.D. Griffith

No comments: