Monday, January 12, 2009

More About Jesus Part 2 of 3

MORE ABOUT JESUS Part 2 of 3
Exodus 3:14-15
“God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.’” In Vs. 15b, God says, “This is My name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.”

OK, I get it. This works for me. When God, er, I AM created the entire universe, and even formed me in my mother’s womb, (Psalm 139:13), He can call Himself anything He wants!

Let’s learn more about I Am’s Son, Jesus. The full meaning of I AM is hard to grasp in the Bible’s Old Testament. But in the New Testament, Jesus finishes the thought. In John’s gospel alone, Jesus completes the I AM sentence eight ways.

John 6:35 says that Jesus said, “I am the bread of life.” This means that Jesus sustains life. He is also our Spiritual nourishment. In John 8:12, Jesus says, “I am the light of the world.” As followers of Jesus, we never walk in darkness. John 10:9 reveals “I am the gate.” This means that He is the door to our salvation.

I am the good shepherd” is John 10:11”(who) lays down His life for the sheep”. This signifies that Jesus protects us and provides for our needs. He even died for us to pay for our sins, and offers us eternal life. In John 11:25, Jesus told Martha, “I am the resurrection and the life.” After resurrecting Lazarus from the dead, can anyone deny Jesus’ power?

John 14:6 disproves that there is any other way to salvation except through Jesus. “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” End of debate—for anyone who loves to argue.

John 15:1-2 shows Jesus’ gardening. “I am the true vine, and My Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.” Vs. 5: “I am the vine and you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing.”
This shows us our place, doesn’t it? The Father prunes us to bear much fruit (for His kingdom), while Jesus provides the life-flowing nourishment that sustains us.

Take Home Nugget
We often think of Jesus as a baby, but He is the Son of the Living God--a distinct and integral person of the Triune God. Will you allow Him to grow up and claim His place in your heart as King of kings?

God’s strength is best seen in our weakness; our strength is best seen by our connection to the nourishing vine.

J.D. Griffith

Click here for an Interactive-Online-Lesson for More About Jesus Part 2 of 3
A personal, private lesson experience with our staff

No comments: