Friday, December 22, 2017

I Know So!

I KNOW SO!
Ephesians 6:17:  “Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” 

            Expect good things.  The helmet of salvation protects against bad stuff from entering our minds.  Bad thoughts are poison to a happy heart.   Wearing the helmet of salvation fills happy hearts with the hope of salvation (1 Thessalonians 5:8).

            When we expect good things, troubles that sneak up with bad can be turned around.  Trouble is temporary to people who KNOW whose they are (part of God’s family) and where they’re going (heaven).  They say, “Bring it on!” while flashing the sword of God’s Spirit in trouble’s face.

            That same Spirit who lives inside Christian hearts reminds us of Scripture passages.  Saying bold passages aloud chases away what scares us.  For example, when bullies threaten to harm us, we say, “God is my refuge and my fortress … I trust in Him!” (Psalm 91:2).

            Bad stuff pops up constantly.  Ten-year-old Benjy was scared.  He refused to eat the ice cream cone that he got.  His twelve-year-old cousin found him.  “Hey Benjy,” Jeremy greeted him, all smiles.  “That ice cream cone looks yummy!”

            Benjy held the ice cream cone out to him.  “You take this, Jeremy!  The flu is going around and I don’t want to get sick now.  It’ll be Christmas soon!”

            “Naw, Benjy.” Jeremy said.  “We who hang with God, trust that no harm will come to us!” (Paraphrased from Psalm 91:9-10). 

            Christians believe that troubles will end…and end with our salvation!  Check out the lesson linked below for more handy phrases that God’s Spirit can remind you when trouble sneaks inside your thoughts. 

            “Now,” Jeremy tested Benjy, “can you thank God for the ice cream and trust that you won’t get sick?”

            “I hope so,” Benjy said weakly, cautiously licking the ice cream cone.  “I have my fingers crossed.”

            Jeremy contradicted Benjy, “We are not kids of the world.  We are kids who belong to the living God!  Jesus is watching over us right now.  There are more angels protecting us than there are demons trying to hurt us!”

            “Yeah!” Benjy said confidently.  “Besides, He who is inside me is greater than he who is in the world!” (1 John 4:4).

            “YES!” Jeremy shouted.  “God’s Spirit reminded you to say that!”

            “I don’t have my fingers crossed anymore,” Benjy said.  “I don’t hope that I won’t get sick, I KNOW so!”

Take Home Nugget

            Believers-in-Christ can live confidently.  We expect good things because we know that we are not kids of the world.  Jesus purchased our forgiveness of sins and the very salvation that we’re sure to claim one day. 

Thank You, Papa, for giving me confidence in Jesus’ name when I’m scared.  Amen.

Adapted from “Expect Good Things to Happen to You” by Joseph Prince.  www.JosephPrince.org    November 7, 2017.
J.D. Griffith


 For a personal, private lesson experience with our staff



Latest Christmas eBook by J.D. Griffith:  
Click here to purchase "Star Watchers"   A book showing Mary’s adventure traveling to Bethlehem right before Jesus’ birth.   This Biblical fantasy weaves supernatural delight into facts surrounding His birth. 

Here’s another eBook by J.D. Griffith:   
         



No comments: