Tuesday, August 29, 2017

God's Grace Qualification

GOD’S GRACE QUALIFICATION

Psalm 103:1,4:  “Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name; ... who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.”

            Beneath veiled faces, morally questionable women stand tall.  The genealogy of Jesus is found in Matthew 1:1-16.  Verses 3, 5, and 6 name Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, and Bathsheba (Uriah’s wife).  Yet, Sarah, Rebekah, Leah, and Rachel are missing.  Verse 2 omits the wives of the Christian patriarchs Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.         

“What’s up, Father?” we wonder.

                “I am greater than human sin.” God replies.  “Where sin thrives, My grace overflows!”

            “But…Tamar deceived her father-in-law.  She pretended to be a prostitute to get pregnant!” we point out.

            “I commanded people to populate the earth.  Women are expected to produce children,” God explained.  “Tamar was also deceived.  I’m very fond of Tamar, and she did conceive.”   

            “So, it’s okay to lie to get what you want?” we ask.

            God replied, “No.  Lying is a sin.  My grace covers the sinner.  Remember that I WILL achieve My purpose.  Judah and Tamar’s son Perez produced the line from where Joseph came.  He married Mary—the mother of My Son!”

            “Rahab was a prostitute!” we mention.

            “Rahab believed in me.  She hid and protected the spies who checked out the Promised Land.” Our Father explained, “Then Rahab had Boaz—who married Ruth!”

               We continued, “Ruth was a Gentile!  What’s so special about Ruth?”

            Our Father smiled.  “Ruth heard and accepted Me from her husband! … Boaz noticed how well Ruth cared for her mother-in-law Naomi and agreed to be her kinsman redeemer.  They gave birth to Obed—from where David came.” 

            “But, why Bathsheba?  She represents a woman who all women hate!” we press our Father.

            He smiled.  “How could Bathsheba ignore the advances of King David?  Their son Solomon is proof that My grace covers repented sin!  Solomon continued the royal line from where My Son descended!”

            “Teach us how Your grace qualifies the morally questionable,” we plead.

            “When the world disqualifies someone, My grace qualifies them to receive My blessings.” God began.  “I offer an infinite number of do-overs.  These women are typical of men, too.  When trouble comes, peoples’ loss is neither final nor fatal.  I will pour grace on whomever comes to me, and turn their circumstances around.”

            Papa continues, “Know that I can position anyone and anything to suit My purpose anytime I want to!  All people have to do is ask!”   

Take Home Nugget
            Believers never need to be discouraged with circumstances.  Let’s trust our Father who turns lives from awful to awesome.  The lesson linked below shows God’s grace and tender mercies!

Holy Father, Thank You for qualifying me by Your grace.  Amen.

Adapted from “God Can Qualify the Disqualified” by Rev. Joseph Prince.  www.JosephPrince.org.  August 3, 2017.
 J.D. Griffith

 For a personal, private lesson experience with our staff



Latest Christmas book by J.D. Griffith:  
 To order “Meet Guardian Archangels” click here

Here’s another eBook by J.D. Griffith: 
   


  

No comments: