Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Kingdom of God Flows

KINGDOM OF GOD FLOWS

Romans 14:17:  “For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and Joy in the Holy Spirit.”

            Unfortunately, worry is a problem that parents pass on to their children.  There is no worry gene.  Worry is learned behavior.  Adults hope to provide everything the family needs. 
            “My family is having problems,” twelve year old Brad confided to his friends at lunch.

            “How so?” classmate Cassie wondered.

            “Evidently our car’s engine needs to be rebuilt,” he said.  “They say it’d be cheaper to buy a used car than to fix the old one.” 

            Classmate Jeremy added, “I hate it when parents struggle.  We know everything they worry about.  Kids feel helpless to help!”

            Jesus points to God’s provision, “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?”

            “Parent’s worrying affects us,” Cassie said.  “I find that praying myself to sleep helps me deal with family problems.”     

            Parents can have temper tantrums, too.

            Jesus advises, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?”

            Jeremy said, “I remember hearing something fascinating last Sunday; something like we’re to seek first the kingdom of God, and He’ll take care of everything.”

            Brad said.  “I wish it were that easy!”
           
            Jesus compares unbelievers to His family, “For the pagans run after all these things, [what shall we eat, drink or wear] and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.”
            Jeremy heard Jesus’ worry lecture from Matthew 6:24-34.  Brad, it IS that easy!  
  
Take Home Nugget

            Jesus concluded, “But seek ye first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to them as well.”

            The kingdom of God isn’t a physical place.  God’s kingdom lives within every believer (Holy Spirit) and flows out.  Faith in Jesus is Believers’ righteousness (Romans 5:17, 1 Corinthians 1:21, 2 Corinthians 5:21).  Check out the lesson linked below.

            It’s in John 14:27 where Jesus says, “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you.”

            Believers’ obedience to Jesus’ commands earns us pure joy from John 15:10-11.  “If you obey My commands, you will remain in My love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in His love.  I have told you this so that My joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.”

Seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness may not seem EASY, but it flows out from every Believer!
Adapted from “Flow with Righteousness, Peace and Joy” by Joseph Prince.  July 21, 2016.  www.JosephPrince.org
J.D. Griffith





                   Written for http://www.Biblestudyforkids.com  

Here’s an eBook by J.D. Griffith:    



Recent eBook by J.D. Griffith: 
  Click here to purchase a copy of Your Salvation is Jesus' Passion   eBook only $2.99 

No comments: