Friday, July 8, 2016

Finished and Done

FINISHED AND DONE

John 19:30:  “When He had received the drink, Jesus said, ‘It is finished.’  With that, He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.”

            Believers claim many “finished work on the cross” accomplishments to thank Jesus for.  Thirst devotion named some: salvation for eternal life, all sins forgiven, reconciled to the Father who sees us as righteous, holy and redeemed. 

            But what about troubles we’re battling right now?

            What about people suffering sicknesses?  What about debt collectors banging on people’s doors?  What about unhappy marriages?  Can they see how Jesus’ finished work on the cross applies to their distress?
            Can Jesus increase His Believers’ faith during times of trouble to trust that His work is truly finished?

            The Father has a message for you: “What you’re desperate for has already been done!  My Son’s finished work on the cross satisfied me completely.  ‘It IS done!’ I said with a loud voice from My throne from heaven.  (Revelation 16:17). 

            “What Jesus said on earth, I agreed from heaven!
            “Whatever you need is done.  Jesus’ finished work has already been accomplished.  Can you trust Me?  I say, ‘don’t worry.’  What you see and feel are the devil’s lies.  But you belong to Me!  My Word is truth.  You can believe that the devil’s lies must eventually line up with My truth.  Besides, the devil is defeated!

            “When I look at you, I see Jesus’ righteousness and holiness.  I love to hear you confess My Son’s righteousness every day, because that’s true.  My truth is eternal.  Your spoken word agrees with My Word.  All the worldly lies you see or feel must eventually line up with My eternal truth! 

            “I understand your frustration if you don’t immediately SEE your healing or provision.  Everyone reading this already believes in Jesus, and has My Spirit guiding you in My truth.  Keep praying, keep asking, keep confessing and keep believing My truth. 

            “I want you to SEE your healing finished.  Look to Jesus.  He accomplished your healing by His suffering.  I’m asking you to BELIEVE that your restoration has already been accomplished by His death on the cross.  I’m eager to HEAR your thanks and praise for healing or deliverance.  Angels are poised to chime in with your thanking and praising Jesus—for your victory is in Him!” 

Take Home Nugget

            God the Son said, “It is finished!”
            God the Father said, “It is done!”
            What do you say?

“Heavenly Father, I’m so scared when I cannot see Your healing and provision!  Please increase my faith enough to trust that Jesus finished work on the cross is done.  I confess being Your righteousness in Him today and every day.  Thank You, Jesus!  In Your name I lift up this desperate prayer, Amen.”
              
Adapted from “See the Work Accomplished” by Rev. Joseph Prince.  June 2, 2016. www.josephprince.org.
J.D. Griffith





                   Written for http://www.Biblestudyforkids.com  

Here’s another eBook by J.D. Griffith:    



No comments: