Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's In The Valley I Grow

IT’S IN THE VALLEY I GROW

Part 6 of 12 in Train to Reign Series

Psalm 28:2

“Hear my cry for mercy as I call to You for help, as I lift up my hands toward Your most holy place.”

God grows His kids in troubled times. He uses trials to achieve His plans in shaping us into the people He created us to be. Hard times conform believers into Christ-likeness. We cling to God when we’re lost, confused, or beaten down.

Life trials is where God discards wrong things and prunes us for godly living It’s time to leave sinful behavior in the dust of our past right now. In its place, we choose to grow into deeper intimacy with our triune God: Father, Redeemer, and Counselor. Life trials stretch and grow our faith in God.

Will your faith survive trial-testing?

IT'S IN THE VALLEY I GROW

Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe.
It's then I have to remember
That it's in the valleys I grow.

If I always stayed on the mountain top
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love,
And would be living in vain.

I have so much to learn,
And my growth is very slow,
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valleys I grow.

I do not always understand
Why things happen as they do.
But I am very sure of one thing,
My Lord will see me through.

My little valleys are nothing
When I picture Christ on the cross.
He went through the valley of death;
His victory was Satan's loss.

Forgive me Lord, for complaining
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder
That it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me, Lord,
And use my life each day
To share your love with others
And help them find their way.

Thank you for valleys, Lord,
For this one thing I know
The mountain tops are glorious,
But it's in the valleys I grow!



(Written by Jane Eggleston who currently lives in Virginia. Her son Jeff states, "She is a wonderful person, loves Jesus and has been the best mother anyone could ever ask for." What a fitting tribute to any mother.) www.google.com 2/11/13.



Take Home Nugget

Report Card devotion may have rocked your boat. No one enjoys a bad report card, and Jesus’ report card of our life’s work is no different. At least we have the rest of our lives—like ten year old Cassie—to change course. Let’s steer life trials so to land us @God’s feet.

Holy Father, We want to hear Your precious words, “Well-done, good and faithful servant!” as we receive our rewards from service to You. Amen
(Matthew 25:21, Revelation 22:12).
J.D. Griffith

Click here for an Interactive-Online-Lesson for It’s in the Valley I Grow

A personal, private lesson experience with our staff

Written for www.Biblestudyforkids.com

For FREE Online Bible Study Resources click here.

No comments: