Thursday, March 13, 2008

St. Patrick's Prayer


SAINT PATRICK FULFILLS A NEED
Luke 19:34

“Christ be with me. Christ be before me. Christ be after me. Christ within me. Christ beneath me. Christ above me. Christ at my right hand. Christ at my left. “ Naomh Padraig

Christ has need of you. You may not think that you’re perfect for the job, but you are. Everyone has imperfections., but God still needs us. God wants you just as you are, for He shapes you into someone who can fill His needs.

As the addendum says at the end of this devotion, St. Patrick was needed for the Lord’s work. He said, “Yes” to God’s calling, serving the people by whom he’d been held captive—on their very island.

When Jesus went into Jerusalem the last time before His death, He had a need for a colt. As two of His disciples went in search of a man with a water jug, they untied his colt. When the man asked what they were doing, they replied, “The Lord has need of him.” The man let them go.

When the Lord has a need, He pursues the one who can supply it. When He lays a burden on your heart, He’s calling you. Perhaps His service will be brief—like He needed this colt for one day. He may require from you a task that consumes your entire life. Either way, when your Master calls you Home, you’ll hear these words, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”

How will you answer your Lord? Will being surrounded by Christ make a difference in your answer?

Take Home Nugget

There will always be something for us to do for our Lord. Our job is to be ready when He summons us. We’re to prepare ourselves to be ready when He calls. When we stay in His Word by faithfully reading the Bible, we commit ourselves to His Way every day. He shapes kids and adults alike into Christ likenesses.

Without knowing what your job will be for me
Lord, I stand ready to answer your request.
With Christ surrounding me, I know I’ll be
Perfect for the job while at my best.

ADDENDUM

Naomh Padraig was sixteen years old when he was captured by Irish raiders in the second half of the fifth century. (Around 450 A.D.) After six years of being a slave in Ireland, he escaped. Fleeing home to his family in Britain, he served God by entering the church. The men in his family began this tradition, and he followed in their footsteps. In time, he became a deacon, then a bishop. Then he chose the missionary field. He returned to Ireland and served the people on the North and West side of the island.
J.D. Griffith
A personal, private lesson experience with our staff
Written for http://www.biblestudyforkids.com/

No comments: